Re: Fujfilm 'Surprised and delighted' by reaction to X100

Started Jan 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
JMichaelsPhoto
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
Re: Fujfilm 'Surprised and delighted' by reaction to X100
In reply to D van Baren, Jan 7, 2011

It's a beautiful camera, of that there is no doubt. It appeals to the nostalgic feeling we old school photogs remember. It's a nice camera, but not for $1200. The sony SLT55 has innovative technology and it's not that expensive, and I didn't pay that much for my Nikon DSLR. Just what is going on in the minds over at Fujifilm? I understand it's a niche camera, but I don't get the "high end" classification. I was quite intrigued by this camera until I saw the estimated price. I want one, but I'm not paying a dime over $800 for it, straight up. I learned my lesson buying the Olympus EP1, thinking that the retro style/compact design/large sensor camera was a good concept. I was massively disappointed, the EP1 being mostly useless to a DSLR user wanting a smaller option for leisure photography, the canon G9 was a [way] better camera. I fear the same will be true for the X100. I hope it's not, but I'm not willing to throw down that kind of money to find out. I'll just wait to see what's up and maybe by the end of the year I will have found out whether it's worth it, either that or the price may just stay high due to hype and availability and I'll be screwed either way....

-- hide signature --

'A revolution without dancing, is a revolution not worth having'

V

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow