Started Jan 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FrankZayas
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
R2880 Color problems
Jan 6, 2011

I got my Epson R2880 in October and initially, I was blown away by the print quality. I've made many prints from 4x6 to A3 size and have been extremely happy with the results.

Recently though, the print color has been not so great. Hard to describe but the prints have been kind of blah, not very vibrant and with a yellowish cast to the skin tones. Not doing anything different in processing, my monitor is calibrated but now, for the $ I've spent, I am not very happy with the results I'm getting. The same images, when sent to ACI Lab for printing, come back perfect.

I am printing on the same Epson papers I have always used so I'm stumped as to what's caused this change in my prints.

Anybody run into similar issues? I've tried head cleaning.

BTW, another issue I'm having is when I try to get the ink levels, all I get is "information not available" I sent an email to Epson Support and after almost a week, I get a reply with a work-around. I can now get the info, but it's a pain in the booty.

FrankZayas's gear list:FrankZayas's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow