Still no a700 replacement! I am starting to get tired!

Started Jan 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lee Sacrey
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Still no a700 replacement! I am starting to get tired!
Jan 6, 2011

So I watched with hope that at CES Sony would finally announce what the a700 replacement would be. I don't even think I needed it to be released right away, I just wanted to know what it would be. When I ordered my a700 almost 2 years ago the Sony rep who works with my local store asked if I really wanted to order it as it would be replaced in August (I ordered mine in March 2009). I decided not to wait. I had a Konica Minolta 7D a Sony a100 and my a700 was on the way. This fall I sold both the KM 7D and the a100. I was expecting my a700 to become my back-up camera to the new one rumored to be coming. The a55 and a33 came but still nothing about the a7XX. I want a back-up body so I ordered an a55. I like the a55 but, it is not my a700. Sure it is fast and has live view, gps and other things but, it is not as user friendly (at least for the way I like to shoot still photos). The controls aren't near as nice Imo. I am not even sure I need to buy the replacement right away, I just want to know that Sony is committed to the higher end of the photo market. Is it time to consider a switch?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow