Fuji EXR-CMOS... you like?

Started Jan 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
vidrazor
Regular MemberPosts: 139
Like?
Re: Fuji EXR-CMOS... you like?
In reply to ERKG, Jan 6, 2011

Personally I think the lens is the biggest problem. In my view Fuji pushed too far with the zoom range. When you push a range that far you're going to be sacrificing a lot of IQ all the way down the line.

I saw the sample pics here on the HS10 and I was amazed at how bad the IQ was. I have a predecessor to the HS10, the Fuji S9000, and it has much better IQ (at base ISO) than the HS10. Too much damn processing going on the HS10 images. Just look at the sample pics here of the S9000 and the HS10 and you'll see what I mean.

The S9000 lens has roughly a 10x range, and I think that goes a long way to contributing to better IQ. If an HS20-type camera had a similar lens to the S9000, I think you'd have a killer camera. I guess today you'd have to compete with a 24mm equivalent on the wide side, but still a 24-300 equivalent would still be a better quality lens to engineer than the 24-720mm equivalent monstrosity they've put on the HS10/20.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow