Pulling the trigger tomorrow 60D or 7D(w/micro adjust)?

Started Jan 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ToddF
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Pulling the trigger tomorrow 60D or 7D(w/micro adjust)?
Jan 5, 2011

I am pulling the trigger tomorrow on a 60D or 7D body. I have one last reservation in that the 60D does not have the mico lens adjustment.

I am looking for the sharpest pictures that is my goal here. I have a Sigma 17-70 (couple of years old with no IS) and a Canon 55 - 250. I shoot sports and general photography so the 5.3 fps of the 60D should be good enough and I like the swivel screen of the 60D.

I have a XTi, and I plan to get only the 60D body or 7D and then purchase the canon 15 - 85 lens to get the sharpest pictures I can for under $2000. The reviews I have read indicate that the optics are very good on the 15 - 85 and it produces very very sharp pictures.

I would like to hear from some of you that have more experience than me on whether or not I need the micro adjustment or not in order to get very sharp pictures? I want to make sure I get the right camera as I will keep it for a very long time.

Thanks in advance.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow