NX11 isn't the end of Samsung- Look at Panasonic!

Started Jan 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jj74e
Senior MemberPosts: 1,633
Like?
NX11 isn't the end of Samsung- Look at Panasonic!
Jan 4, 2011

Samsung is a bit of a late starter to the mirrorless market, but it still have a lot of potential. The NX10 is the only APC-C size sensor camera to have an EVF and good handling (I handled a NEX in Best Buy and hated how it handled).

The NX11 might not use a new sensor or anything "big," but the NX10 is still a good camera, especially considering how cheaply it can be bought. I bought mine for the price of a EX1 on sale (about $400).

And look at Panasonic. The GF1 was a success. So was the NX10 in relative terms (it definitely wasn't a failure). Now Panasonic has introduced the GF2- no significant upgrades, just an updated grip, slimmer body and a touchscreen. Similarly, Samsung has introduced the NX11- updated grip, and some new features. No one complained nearly as much for Panasonic, probably just because they are more well established. People are just scared of Samsung right now because they are still new and they want some huge upgrade to give them establishment, but Samsung is going along as they want to. I do hope that they continue with firmware updates for the NX10 since it seems unfair that NX10 users get cut off from upgrades in just about a year; plus, I would like that panoramic function in my NX10 however, it's whatever at this point- they chose not to create a press-gathering model; just a subtle change to make it seem like the NX line is still alive and relevant (mostly for new customers, since it's mostly existing ones who feel they are getting ripped off)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow