ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marbuel
Contributing MemberPosts: 656
Like?
Manual Video.. WHY NOT?
Jan 3, 2011

Hi,

could anyone explain to me why there is no manual control over video in Pentax cameras? I really hate that! More and more I use K7 to shoot video, more I miss manual control! It makes it hard to set same exposure in two subsequent shots (if you turn off camera in between). It is also quite annoying that you can only control aperture and not time during video ... with a lot of light the video tends to be "choppy" etc (like sunny days outdoors). You also have no idea what ISO is set by camera etc.. etc...

WHY? Any good reason? I hopped that K5 would be different ... no luck.

Not even mentioning that the latest FW update changes the behavior of the shutter release button ... so that now if you want to pre-focus and then start the video recording without refocusing you either have to switch to manual focusing or change the behavior of the shutter release button for your still photography as well! Terribly annoying!!

I also don't like how frequently camera changes WB during video mode ... I know I can set manual WB but it is an extra work. I usually switch a lot between video and still. I would prefer to have an option to keep AWB same for the whole video. Even better a possibility to start video recording from any live-view ... not to have to change the camera mode etc ...

Pentax should take video shooting more seriously! Anyone having same issues? What are your workarounds?

Marek

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow