Started Jan 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adam51980
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Wedding clients asking for more photos.
Jan 3, 2011

Hello, in the 3 years I have been shooting weddings I have been blessed with some really great clients. Some of whom I have become good friends with and who have referred a lot of work to me. A recent wedding that I shot in October went well and the clients have raved about how happy they are with their photos. However, I received an email from them today asking very nicely for more photos. After their wedding I delivered 300 fully edited, color corrected photos on disk to them and I really feel that that is a sufficient amount of photos to tell the story of their wedding. They did not purchase a print package from me.

They are now asking for color versions of the photos that I delivered in B&W. They are also asking to look through all of the photos I took at the wedding and reception so they can choose more for their wedding album. I shot about 1100 photos in a 12 hour day at their wedding and I am not comfortable with my clients having photos that are not my best work. I obviously want monetary compensation for any further editing to be done. This is the first time that I have had anyone request anything like this and I am just wondering what other wedding photographers do in similar situations? On one hand I can look at this as an opportunity for more sales but on the other hand I am really finding this to be an annoyance.

Adam

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow