Damned Old FZ18

Started Dec 30, 2010 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 10,422
Re: Damned Old FZ18
In reply to Vandyu, Jan 1, 2011

Ah, the perfect FZ50 is just around the corner. OVF, 3" 460,000 pixel LCD (non-tilt!), good to ISO 800, starts at 24mm, same beautiful exquisite Leica lens (internally zooming, 12x optical is plenty), don't care about video, no focus wandering...uh, wait, I must be dreaming. I think we've had his discussion haven't we? In the meantime my DSLRs already do that except for that darn Leica lens.

Vandyu wrote:

Too bad Panny seems to think that serious shooters like to use a camera that does, indeed, feel like a lightweight--despite its image quality. That's one thing that has bothered me about every Panasonic I've looked at since the FZ20 that I owned in 2004. I must exclude the FZ30-50. Those cameras felt like a camera, as I recall. But, the FZ18-40 seem to have a very thin plastic body. I am still waiting to see the FZ100. I agree that either Fuji or Panny will come up with another great superzoom. Canon has lost its way, IMO. The SX30 has its fan base, but I don't care for it.
If Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life, How Will You Spend It?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow