D7000 v. D90 -- Consensus on Pixel Density?

Started Dec 31, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Palmetto321
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
D7000 v. D90 -- Consensus on Pixel Density?
Dec 31, 2010

So I was pretty much set on getting a D7000 instead of a D90. Although I don't enjoy wasting or burning money, I'm comfortable with the cost difference.

I'm upgrading from a D60 and although I'm selling the D60 & 18-55 VR kit lens, I'm retaining a 55-200 VR lens and a new 16-85 VR lens.

After reading this board some, I'm becoming concerned about the pixel density and whether I'd be better suited with less pixels for sharpness, etc? I don't typically print much larger than 8x10... maybe 11x14 every now and then or something bigger on a special occasion, but primarily I'm printing 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10. My draw to the D7000 over the D90 is the fact that I take a lot of indoor pictures of a 3 year old, so strong high ISO performance is a plus to me.

Would appreciate some discussion about sharpness & pixel density. I think this has been discussed a fair amount here and there in other threads, and I think my understanding is that in the real world, the D7000 is as sharp or sharper than a D90 (real world not being pixel-level inspection...)... am I misreading this?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow