Started Dec 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
henrikbengtsson
Regular MemberPosts: 212Gear list
Like?
Wedding photographer; Which body
Dec 29, 2010

I have a feeling that this question might be one of the oldest in the book so please bear with me. I am mainly a wedding photographer and am about to trade in one of my Nikon D700's because I simply like the Canon output better on weddings and don't want to spend time in post in order to get that result from my Nikons.

So, which one to go for? Since I am used to D700 the most obvious would be a 5DMK2 I guess (I've borrowed one from a colleague and really like it) however how does it perform in lowlight such as churches? I've read reports about AF issues on the 5D but need to know if that's just user related or in fact a flaw in the camera? Is the 1-series better in lowlight or should the 5D be enough? I don't do sports so fast AF tracking is not what I need. Just spot on accuracy.

Also, is it a risk to get the 24-70? Again, I've read reports about focus problems here as well. Then again, I can always have Canon to calibrate it but still...

henrikbengtsson's gear list:henrikbengtsson's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow