all i want for 2011 is a new body.

Started Dec 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Andrew Haswell New Member • Posts: 2
all i want for 2011 is a new body.

I've had my 400D for a few years now. I have the 17-55 IS and the EFS 60mm f2.8 macro, both are great lenses. I've never quite got round to buying the 70-200 f4 IS but I've decided that i am going to buy it before new year as i want to take more shots of animals and wildlife in the garden. I will pick up the 1.4x extender too.

So i started reading up on current hardware and started thinking hmm maybe i can treat myself to an upgraded body as well, well its about time now isnt it... right? I read up on the 60D, then the 7D started looking nice too. You know what its like, we all like to spend money.

I am finding it incredibly hard to work out which is the better camera to go for. The 60D is new so beginning of cycle, the 7D has been out a while but if it follows xD cycle then will be current for still some time yet. Yet, is it worth spending the extra on the 7D.

I like taking macro and i want to get into more landscape shooting as well (i may pick up a 10-22). My 400D burst mode is rubbish in raw and that infuriates me.

So i guess the main question is, how do i choose which body to go for? I've read loads of articles and Canon do not seem to have made this upgrade an easy choice....

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow