Made in China MANFROTTOs

Started Dec 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
aus4ever
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,354Gear list
Like?
Re: Right! Reduce all of us to equal poverty...
In reply to mrsfixit, Dec 27, 2010

mrsfixit wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

mrsfixit wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

To be fair, lots of things that we use daily would be a lot more expensive if they are not made in some 'Third World' countries.

Sorry, I don't buy that. It's propaganda. It's what the corporations and the government want you to believe, to justify their lack of ethics.

See how the price of big screen TVs has come down. Here in Sydney, a Sony 55-in LCD is selling for less than $1700. How much would it cost if it is manufactured in Japan?

How much would it cost if made in the USA...? Japan has a much higher cost of living than the USA.

If it is cheaper, they would have made it in the USA.

And how much has the cost of... say... men's briefs- gone UP - way up- since moving production facilities to Honduras and Thailand?

I just bought some 3 packs for my husband. Prices ranged $14-21 for a 3 pack- made in Honduras. What do they cost to make there- twenty five cents a pair?

The price is similar here.

Give me a freaking break.

You know what I said last time when someone ask me to give him a break.

I remember when good old USA made Fruit of the Looms used to cost my husband less than half that much and they lasted for years. Now he gets 6 months from a pair of these overpriced shoddily made undies.

But I'm sure the CEO of the company got a nice fat bonus this year.

It's a damned disgrace. And I don't blame the consumer, because most of us would buy American if we could. But we aren't offered the choice, as nothing is made here any more.

I share your grievance, the high cost of living is also unbearable here.
--
Australia, home forever.

aus4ever's gear list:aus4ever's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow