Started Dec 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
prisms
Regular MemberPosts: 148
Like?
Thoughts after using the LX5 for a week
Dec 27, 2010

I use to own an S90 for about a year which I sold for an LX5 thinking it would be better but kept it for about a month and sold it for an S95 for about a week, which I returned for an EX1.

My interest in the EX1 was not only curiosity but also because it was being sold at a significantly cheaper price then either of the other cameras I mentioned earlier.

It was when I started taking pictures with it that I realized that the quality was really in a class of its own. I was very much impressed by the f1.8 lens but also the build quality and the amoled display. I didnt care much about the swivel feature of the display though.

If there is one thing that made me almost give this camera back (before I actually saw the stunning picture quality), it was the terrible Samsung interface. Seriously, what where they thinking? That horrible horizontal bar at the bottom, the lack of customizing settings, no way to reprogram buttons and other annoying things like the the fact that the electronic shutter noise is not in sync with the actual shutter release. I also noticed a problem with the AWB whereby sometimes indoor pictures had a horrible yellow cast to them.

I wrestled with the thought of returning it but decided to keep it soon after discovering the "classic" mode feature that produced an amazing higher contrast b&w shot!

Anyways, I am a somewhat happy camper with this camera, it would have probably been the best camera in the market had the hardware been combined with a Canon or even Pana interface. A pity, but a compromise I am willing to live with.
Let me know what you think of the pictures I took yesterday.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow