Why can't they make a FF body the size of Rollei 35 ?

Started Dec 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 13,467Gear list
Like?
Re: Why can't they make a FF body the size of Rollei 35 ?
In reply to MysticX, Dec 27, 2010

MysticX wrote:

I'm not a professional photographer, I just take pictures for fun and personal pleasure.

Most people on all of these boards are not professionals.

All I can say is, if they make it, I would definitely buy a mini FF camera that has:

FF 5-10mp sensor (many mp are not needed, lower is better)

No problem, they could use an older desogned sensor. But all of the camera companies have trained consumers to buy ONLY the highest pixel count. SO, many poeple are going to say that 10mp is not enough pixles.

fixed 30 or 35 or 45 mm lens f/2.8 non-interchangeable pancake (alternatively they can keep the EF mount but design a true pancake)

No problem.

liveview

Shouldn't be a problem.

can manual focus with scale/live assist (AF is optional but not absolutely required)

Shouldn't be a problem.

no heavier than 400g with batteries

Woops, that may be a problem.

no bigger than 12cmx8cmx5cm, I mean pocketable

Maybe.

and, under $1500 price

Stop everything. Big stinkin' honkin problem. No way that is going to happen.

Apparently, the big manufacturers don't show any sign of taking such an initiative, probably they say there's not market for that but I believe there are many that would buy even a let's say downgraded leica M9 if it existed and was $1500.

Am I wrong or what ?

Now, you MIGHT get all of those things in an APS sensor camera. Maybe even an APS-H camera.
--

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
“Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.”

Chris, Broussard, LA

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow