ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Justin42
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
LX5 stuck pixel(s)-- what to do?
Dec 26, 2010

Hi all,

This is my first post here as a lurker for many, many years so I hope I'm ok posting this.

My dad just bought me a Panasonic Lumix LX5 for Christmas; I'm thrilled with the camera (as my first attempt of getting out of just having a point-and-shoot) but as my horrid "pixel luck" would have it, there is 1 stuck white pixel on the LCD and it appears to be (at least?) 1 stuck white pixel on the CCD itself (it's not the same location as the stuck pixel on the LCD). I haven't totally tested it to really see but zooming in on the pictures shows it located around 2476x470. I'm concerned there are more, or will be more soon, as that's been my luck with this sort of thing.

I know many manufacturers expect you to tolerate stuck pixels but when they're actually IN the images, what's the best way to handle this?

It was bought from Amazon who should be able to replace it no problems but I am a bit concerned about my chances of getting a camera that is actually worse than this one.

I see a few other posts from people with stuck pixels on the LCD but not many with the CCD (actually showing on the pictures)... is it probably a good idea for me to get the camera flat out replaced at this point?

Thanks for any advice!

Justin

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow