ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scrollop
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
A55 EVF vs LV Question
Dec 25, 2010

Hello there,

please forgive my lack of experience with SLR/SLRs as I ask the question (I searched around the forums but any discussion of this seem to be buried in many threads):

Why use the EVF when the LV seems to perform all the functions?

I can understand those used to OVFs using it out of habit, but does it allow you to do things that the LV does not? (Especially as when using LV ones peripheral vision can keep stock of the surrounding environment)

As an aside, Sony has a little video-ad on one of it's websites with a bunch of people skiing high up on a moutain and using the A55 from odd angles, having fun etc. Is it false advertising that the recommended operating temperature starts at 0 degrees? (Of course the video is not recommending one use it in snow as one can do whatever one likes with ones possessions, but I find it a little opportunistic. The ad guys didn't seem to consult a camera guy).

Love the camera BTW.

Any thoughts much appreciated (including pointing towards relevant threads I couldn't find).

Cheers

Bart

Scrollop's gear list:Scrollop's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha 7
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow