Started Dec 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ednaz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,363
Like?
You're killing me with the LX5 raves
Dec 23, 2010

Between the raving enthusiasm new LX5 owners are reporting here, and the great reviews it's getting (The NY Times today did a comparo review similar to what DPReview did, and loved the LX5 the best), I'm having a tough time NOT buying one.

I bought a ZS7 as a potential pocket replacement for the Canon G10 I'd carried for a long time, but it's no better than the Canon in low light, maybe worse, and doesn't let me shoot raw (my whole workflow is raw....) The small pocket cameras for me are mostly used as what I call "polite cameras" - I use them in situations where I need the shot, but the noise of a DSLR or even a G2 would be impolite and distracting. I thought that maybe the zs7 would do OK in that role, and loved the idea of using it for a shot each time I move to a new location for GPS info... but as nice of a pocket camera as it is...

The LX5 matches up with what I use small cameras for soooooo much better. Now seeing shots from people here and on reviews... I'm getting a serious case of LX5 lust. I'd love to retire the G10...

Wouldn't be so bad if there was at least some balancing complaints...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow