ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
roscoeII
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Canon S95 or G12 best for day to day use
Dec 22, 2010

Hi,

I'm looking for a new camera, it's for my wife who is doing a Fine Art Degree. I have handled both & was impressed with both.

My question is which would you use more on a daily basis?

I have a Canon EOS 20D which I don't use as much as I like because it's too much to lug around. I also have an Powershot A620 which I've never really liked using in Manual setting.

I know the S95 has made the use of M, AV & TV more accessible but it's putting me off a bit going through the menus & I'm worried it would become just a point and shoot.

The thing that puts me off the G12 is that although it isn't a DSLR size it's not far off & the f2.8 lens isn't that fast. But I love the manual dials on it.

My wife will be using it a lot of the time & she thinks putting the G12 in her bag isn't a problem. I'm not convinced....

She will be mainly photographing things for her degree & I would be using it on our days our holidays etc.

I don't print off large, normally 5 x 7's the biggest I shoot RAW & use Lightroom or Photoshop for post processing.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow