Live view instead of digital image in GH2 viewfinder?

Started Dec 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bill Hollinger
Senior MemberPosts: 1,213
Like?
Live view instead of digital image in GH2 viewfinder?
Dec 21, 2010

I had hoped to be able to use the GH2 for both stills and video,so on occasion I have only one lightweight camera to tote instead of two (still and video) heavy cameras. However I discovered that while the tracking AF of this camera was usable, photographing anything that moved was next to impossible because I was not seeing the actual subject in the viewfinder, but rather a digital image the camera had just made and was displaying in the viewfinder. Meanwhile the subject was elsewhere and not in front of the camera. It is frustrating. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the camera write the image to the card and not display it in the viewfinder, so I can continually see the actual live view? it would help immeasurably, and would be a setting most people (I think) would choose to use. If there is not such a setting (and I can’t find one), is this something Vitally can possibly do via a change in firmware?
Thanks!
Bill

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow