How to handle unlicensed portfolio usage?

Started Dec 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BIGGY
Contributing MemberPosts: 723
Like?
How to handle unlicensed portfolio usage?
Dec 21, 2010

An interesting scenario came up and I'm just curious as to how others would handle it. A wedding that I photographed has the images posted in an online gallery. One of the guests from the wedding saved the photo and posted it on their Facebook page. Normally I could care less, but the only difference here is that the album which the photo is posted in is called "Portfolio" and she was the makeup artist for the bride as well as a member of the bridal party. The makeup artist job is her side gig and my contract which the bride and groom signed does cover the basics including that images may not be distributed for commercial use, blah blah.

Now in this instance, it is Facebook and realistically not a very professional looking gallery, I'm not too concerned, but I am curious for future issues. I'm wondering if the change needs to happen more from my end. Currently the preview size for my images is a pretty "normal" sized 800x800 image. I do understand that if someone really wants your image, they're going to get it. But just looking at input on what to do as well as if a change from my end should be made in terms of the preview size of the photos.
--
http://novophotography.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow