Started Dec 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Snake Plisken
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
upgrade to E-620 or a new system?
Dec 21, 2010

(Sorry if this is has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find a thread for it)

With my 3 year old e-510 (+14-42, and 40-150 kits) giving up, flash and most of the pre-set dials not working anymore, I'm in need of a new body. I have found a really good deal on a e-620 body (under $400 in Sweden, brand new in store), but I am hesitant to get it now after reading the forums here on the future for the 4:3 system. I'm not invested in OLY yet, but my goal has been to save up for some prime lenses (the 12-60 and f.2 50 lenses are two) but for the first time I'm considering looking at other systems. 3 years ago it made complete sense for me to get the e-510 over similar models from other brands, but now I'm not sure. Important change in my life is that I lived in San Diego, CA when I bought the E-510, and I now live in Sweden, so there is a lot more low light photography. My uses are botany, landscape, nature, kids, rock band, and still a lot of finding my way through playing with and enjoying the features of the dSLR's. I'm not rich enough for the pro models or to float two systems.

Silly to ask in the Oly forum, but I was hoping somebody could weigh in on if I should get the good deal e-620, or save up and start with a different system, if so, which one? Right now I'm still leaning towards getting the e-620, since it at a minimum will provide me with a very solid, base system for a few years, and I don't have to front too much money either. Thanks, and keep on shootin'!!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow