Started Dec 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lpammann
Senior MemberPosts: 2,155Gear list
Like?
White Pelican landings
Dec 18, 2010

Now that DPR's K5 review is up, I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion of its methods and findings. In the meantime, here are some more K5 samples taken with the DA*300, a lens I feel is perfectly matched to the K5 in terms of resolution, color, sharpness, and contrast. These were taken this morning at White Rock Lake in Dallas with the K5+DA*300 hand-held. It was cold and mostly cloudy there, but patience was rewarded when some pelicans returned after their morning feeding. C&C welcome.

LPA

The frame rate and buffer capacity of the K5 allow me to be very selective about which frames to show from a sequence.

The next set of shots are from the same sequence. BTW, the tag on this guy's right leg is seen clearly in the full-size images and is: A113

Maneuvering into a narrow landing zone:

Streeeetch for the landing:

Yes, I do like this frame rate:

Splashdown:

Part of a large group returning after a feeding session:

Those of you who were fans of the old TV show Dallas might recognize the gold glass building in the background from the opening fly-overs shown at the beginning of each episode:

TTFN

lpammann's gear list:lpammann's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow