Please SONY, save the 16 mm lens

Started Dec 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
Miguel Teotonio
Regular MemberPosts: 416Gear list
Like?
Re: no need for bitter words but reading the manual first is nice
In reply to toomanycanons, Dec 17, 2010

toomanycanons wrote:

Everyone knows how to drive a car, man. How many people install Dacor or Bosch dishwashers? Or anti-tip devices on slide-in ranges? Just sayin'...

And everyone knows how to press a button to take a photo. New cars have a lot of new gadgets, cruise control per example (you also need to read the manual).
Just sayin' ...

Miguel Teotonio wrote:

toomanycanons wrote:

Back when I was building houses I would typically install the appliances etc. I'd always get out the instructions and walk through them, getting a plan together.

I was alone in that behavior, though, because most of my guys, the first thing they did was locate the instructions and toss them aside. I tried to ascertain WHY but it was either they couldn't read, were dyslexic, thought they could figure it out on their own (why, when the instructions tell you how and it's probably quicker that way). I never figured out the exact reasons, but there are "manual/instructions reading people" and there are "nah, I never read the instructions" people, each for their own singular reasons.

RussellInCincinnati wrote:

It is indeed best to look through a manual before asking people on a forum for help. Unless of course you have an unusually difficult time reading the manual...for example if you have problems with reading small print, or foreign language problem, etc.

I went a few days ago to Lisbon (180 km from where I live) to get my new car. Imagine if I had to read the manual before driving to my home! I would have to book a room and spend a few days there. LOL. Like toomanycanons said, some read them and others don't. I read it but only after a few days of working with the machine. I'm into photos since I can remember (+ 25 years). Technology is (of course) different in our days ...

Thanks for all your comments ... XXX

-- hide signature --

Miguel Teotónio

-- hide signature --

Miguel Teotónio

Miguel Teotonio's gear list:Miguel Teotonio's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D200 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow