Started Dec 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
J2Gphoto
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Anyone using the E-5 for sports?
Dec 16, 2010

Here I was all content with my E-30 focusing on shooting in studio. Then they release the E-5. I've been happy with my E-30 and lenses in studio but not thrilled about ISO for other types of shooting. Whether nature, or indoors with no flash the noise creeps in. Now I have been asked to do some MMA shoots in their training facility. No big deal I can bring my strobes. But they are also looking for me to shoot their fighters matches now as well. This has me panicking a bit, wondering even if I upgrade to an E-5 will it be up to the task? Or should I look more at the 7D for faster shooting rate and better ISO performance? I hate to leave Olympus especially since it seems the E-5 is such an improvement over anything else they have had. But with the direction I seem to be going ( for now) I question the ISO, FPS, and C-AF. So my question is anyone shooting poorly lit sporting events successfully with the E-5? Any regrets?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow