Started Dec 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nikon4most
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
D7000 ergonomics
Dec 16, 2010

Before upgrading my beloved D200 I waited months to see how the new D7000 would to be received by the reviewers, DPReview being the most important of course of course (they took their time....... !). So after reading all the favourable, even flattering reports, and attracted by its superb specifications list, including Nikkor AI lens compatibility plus proper MUP mode, I finally went to try one out at the local Nikon shop. But I was shocked and disappointed to see how uncomfortable the handgrip turns out to be and how poorly balanced the body is with a decent lens on board, plus the Fn button which is in the MOST STUPID position right beneath the all important index finger (so you can't help but push it in all the time). The D90 is far superior in the handling stakes, if you can do without MUP and AIS compatibility.

So I bought a Nikon D300s which, although heavier by far, does not APPEAR to be so heavy due to its superb overall balance and very comfortable handgrip. And I made the right decision after all this waiting. Only thing the D7000 does better is smoother pictures from ISO 3200 upwards.

I only had to pay 200 euros extra - which was easily covered by the resale of my darling D200 on eBay, and Nikon gives me a free GPS unit plus an 8 Mb Lexar card into the bargain.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow