DXO Optics for GF-1

Started Oct 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
Tim in upstate NY
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,120Gear list
Like?
Re: Update
In reply to Robert Deutsch, Dec 15, 2010

Robert Deutsch wrote:

I very much wish that DxO supported the GF1 (and the Samsung EX1--but that's another story), but I doubt if the reason their failure to do so is studiity or caprice. The perceived size of the market is very likely part of it, and it may be that they need information from the manufacturer of the camera and lenses, which Panasonic has not been willing to provide.

. . . Well - In Olympus' case, DxO has modules for several 4/3 bodies and lenses so I can't imagine why they'd have any trouble doing the same for the PEN's. And they cover a lot of small market cameras with the other brands including some Kodak P&S models! As for Panasonic, they already have a module for the LX3 and the GH1 so there can't be too much of an issue with getting information for the modules from Panasonic. Are you sure that you want to rule out the stupidity factor here?

Tim in upstate NY's gear list:Tim in upstate NY's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow