Finepix X100 ... Hoya-Pentax' answer is ....

Started Dec 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
PG Thomas
Contributing MemberPosts: 518Gear list
Like?
Re: Finepix X100 ... Hoya-Pentax' answer is ....
In reply to Caat, Dec 15, 2010

Caat wrote:

I was tempted until I saw that it uses a conventional CMOS sensor and not an EXR one.

Yes they just state that it isn't needed! :-(... I was also 'Hot' for this camera, given that I've always had a string of F series fuji compacts (F200EXR at present) - But then the DXO review of the K-5 came out..... So now with K-5 I'm a very very happy photographer, and there isn't much that it can't tackle.

X100 - The lack of waterproofing is a big NO for me. (I posted the 2 part Dec X100 notes on the fuji forum). If it is going to be a 'street' camera - Then it needs to work in all environments (on up to Pentax there). And like other contributors, fitted with a simple short prime, the K-5 is small in DSLR terms and difficult to beat. The X100 'posh' leather case is worrying, but then you might find quite a few second hand X100's in a couple of years sold at car boot/garrage sales! Alternatively if it is a flop - look out for it in the fuji refurbished camanra shop at half price... Have patience!, the K-5 will do for 2011.

Still, lets wait and see what the X100 - IQ comes out like... Make or break.

Anyway when IS DPR going to post the K-5 Review!!

Pete T

PG Thomas's gear list:PG Thomas's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow