Started Dec 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bruce sawle
Regular MemberPosts: 353
Like?
Sigma 85 1.4 Pics for everyone
Dec 14, 2010

All I have to say is WOW!! after a month or so with this lens I am impressed to say the least. This lens is built well, the focus is fast and very accurate at all angles to the the target. But to me the best is the IQ. Top notch in every way color, contrast and sharpness. Having owned all the 85's from both Canon and Nikon including the 85L and 85G. I was a big supporter of the 85L and 85 1.4D I did not like the 85G it was not much better then the D and for the price it is not worth it. I have to say this lens tops them all. When shooting with Canon I used the 1ds MK III and with Nikon I shoot with the d3x both of these cameras can be extremely demanding on lenses. So for me to say this lens is stellar is saying a lot. I took my Sigma 85 1.4 out for the day and try to anything I could to foul the focus.

I have included a few shot for everyone including outside and inside. I will denote if the pic is a crop or not. I pretty much covered all the conditions. I also left the camera in continuous mode to judge the tracking ability of this lens in all conditions. I am happy to report that this lens is easily the best Fast Prime I have owned when it comes to continuous focus mode. This obviously does not include the super teles, as these are Nikon's best when it comes to tracking. One of my main requirements in a lens camera body combination is there ability to track in continuous mode as this is my bread an butter when shooting children, sports, and families. This lens just seems to lock on an not let go no jitter in the focus like the 85D.

Original at 1.4

Action these are all slightly cropped

Various pictures at F1.4-2.0

Around the yard

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoooNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow