Started Dec 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Desmic13
Regular MemberPosts: 157
Like?
I love my GF1 even more since I have a D700
Dec 12, 2010

I used to have a Nikon D90 that I stop using when I got a GF1. I love the GF1 as I do street photography a lot. My only critic really about the GF1 is its rather poor handling of anything above 400 ISO (we all know that and learned to live with it). I went to see a photo exhibition and was blown away by the quality of the images (made with a D700). Without thinking too much, and because it is Christmas time, I decided to buy a D700 (3 weeks ago) that i used with prime lenses only (20, 35, 50 f1.4). I will get the 85 f1.4 later today. I love the D700 and love its high ISO performance (was taking great pictures at 6400 ISO in a poorly lit restaurant yesterday).

Using the D700 for the last 3 weeks made me realize how great the GF1 is too. Not at high ISO for sure, but when used in good light at SO below 400. I was charmed again by its small size and light weight and the quietness of its shutter compared to the D700. I feel that i really have a good combination with the GF1 and the D700.

Mike

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow