Started Dec 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Miguel Teotonio
Regular MemberPosts: 266Gear list
Like?
Please SONY, save the 16 mm lens
Dec 12, 2010

After seeing that nikon wouldn't release the D400 soon I decided to buy a nex5. I know ... not the same thing, but I'm talking on a budget prespective. I wanted a camera with this kind of sensor for a long time. A camera that would have the same DSLR IQ on a compact size. And for that ... I went also for the 16 mm. The 18-55 is not for my everyday use because it turns the camera bigger than what I want. It's a nice lens but I prefer the 16mm and (maybe) later a 30mm, 50mm, etc.

But my main idea is ... Why won't SONY saves the 16mm lens. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great lens but the IQ only comes up after PP. I shoot RAW+JPEG. I can do whatever I want with the RAW file later but my problem is the JPEG file. Sony could make a simple firmware for the lens (don't know if it's possible) or camera where we could boost the "sharp function" for the JPEG. As you know, if you shoot simultaneously RAW+JPEG (or only RAW) the RAW file is not affected by these kind of settings. What do you think ?

All this to say that the 16mm is soft on JPEG's straight out of the camera ...

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Miguel Teotónio

Miguel Teotonio's gear list:Miguel Teotonio's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D200 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow