Choppy Video / Smooth Audio (5D Mark II) = Help please.

Started Dec 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DogOfThunder
Contributing MemberPosts: 554
Like?
Choppy Video / Smooth Audio (5D Mark II) = Help please.
Dec 12, 2010

Hi all.

I have a 5D Mark II. Last night I updated the firmware to 2.0.8. Today I was shooting video and looking at it tonight, the video is choppy, yet the audio is smooth. I'm playing using QuickTime 7.5.5. I'm in the process of updating to the latest version, but I somehow doubt that's my problem. A quick download of VLC 1.1.5 plays the video even worse.

All the pertinent details I can think of are simply that I'm using the 5D Mark II with the 24-105L f4. I use SanDisk Extreme IV 16Gb cards @ 45MB/s. I have checked and my LiveView video setting is for 30fps.

A while back, I had set my video to a lower resolution (back when I was at Firmware 1.0.3) and never had a problem. I don't know if this has been a problem all along or if the firmware update last night had something to do with it.

I've done all the standard stuff, reboot, close apps, etc. for troubleshooting. I'm using an Athlon 64x2 with 3 Gb RAM. I'm running the files straight from the HD so I know it's not a problem with slow transfer speeds from the card reader.

Any help?

Thanks all!

-- hide signature --

Tim

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow