Started Dec 9, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
casey_lee
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
19-day roadtrip w/ D90 (20 pics)
Dec 9, 2010

Thought I'd share some pics from a 19-day roadtrip my GF and I took in Sept through Calif, Ariz and Utah (Portland, Yosemite, Sedona, Grand Canyon, Page, Zion, Bryce, Moab, Arches, SLC, Boise, and back home to Seattle). Perfect weather, friendly people, awesome ride (GF's '70 Karmann Ghia conv), nice photo ops...would love to do another roadtrip soon!

Gear-wise, took my D90 along with a Tokina 11-16 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 HSM, Nikon 55-200 VR, and a Nikon 50 f/1.8D. Ended up using the Sigma 18-50 about 95% of the time; used the Tokina for the Horseshoe Bend shots and took a few random shots out the window with the 50-200). Was very impressed with the Sigma and the focal length worked well with the D90. Picked up a nice, used Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 AFD two-ring last month and wish I had this on the roadtrip.

Would like to move up to FF in the near future (maybe a used D700 or just wait for the D800???)...but for now, the D90 is still a very capable and wonderful camera. Certainly exceeds my abilities and don't feel lacking against the new D7000.

Anyway, RAWs imported and processed in Lightroom 3, with AS Exposure 3 plug-in. LR3 is such an awesome program

Thanks for browsing:

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow