Started Dec 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
amkesler6131
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Sony A55 vs. GH2
Dec 7, 2010

I have been researching this for a while and I think I hit analysis paralysis.

I am looking for a great camera for capturing family moments with the kids, (soccer games, birthday parties, everyday events, and doing family portoraits). I am attracted to the A55 and GH2 because to date they are really the only solutions that will let me drop the duel camera and video cam combo and carry just one device.

i am attactracted to the A55 for the ISO performance, availability of lens's and extra features such as panaramic, twlight, HDR.

I know the video will be superior for the GH2, but I thnk I might give up to much on the photo performace in low light indoor situations, and portraits with bookah, etc. I love the fact that the Panasonic wont overheat and I can shoot more than 12 minutes of video (even with a OIS lens for the sony, which is the limit). I live in las vegas so i realize the overheating will be a big issue.

I currently make a little side money doing photos of friends and family portraits so the photo performance outweighs the video performance for this reason. Most of my friends want somthign they can print quite large for their homes.

I feel like the Panasonic just starts to loose out above iso 800 to the sony.

Looking for friendly help and advice, do you think I am on the right track, what else do I need to consider?

Sony runs $750 for body and my lens choices will run $545 for a sigma 17-70 OIS HSM lens with a 50mm prime 1.8 lens.

The panasonc will run me $675 (I get pany fiends and family and have it already on order when it became available last week) but the lens's are more expensive to me.

Help!!!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow