Best book on CS5 - recommendations

Started Dec 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
eagle_I
Senior MemberPosts: 2,670
Like?
Re: Best book on CS5 - recommendations
In reply to davidevans1, Dec 7, 2010

I like Scott Kelby and Deke McClelland. After reading some recent posts in the forum last night I ordered a less expensive, used, copy of Eismann's "Photoshop Masking & Compositing" which in reviews is recommended for more advanced PS users.

After having spent BIG bucks on BIG books by what I saw on their cover only to get them home and discover the author was writing for a mind much different than my own I vowed ALWAYS to open and read pages and look at the illustrations to determine if the book was going to be suitable for me. Can't always do that online so I figure reading reviews is the next best thing. Buying used can save a bundle when you are trying out a new author.

I have Kelby and McClellands books on CS3 and saw no need to get new ones for my update to CS5 as 95% of what's needed is covered in them. I breezed thru both while awaiting shipment of CS5. I then found online a small inexpensive book by Lynette Kent that provided just the "tips and tricks" I needed to get me going with the new stuff in CS5. "Small" for me is good as I have no room to keep a library of large books.

Mark
--

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow