Started Dec 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dnorth12
Senior MemberPosts: 1,129
Like?
Need help with Costco 20x30 Poster Board Print
Dec 7, 2010

I made an attempt to do this myself and the results were less than pleasing. Color was OK. Image was dark. Graduation of blue sky to a white haze over a mountain line was extremely harsh edge, not smooth in any manner. This was not evident on the computer screen, but very much so in the print. I don't think it was banding, but guess it could be, just don't see that in the print.

Btw my monitor is calibrated. I am also able to print a smaller size on Epson 3800 without issue.

I followed all the steps for the Costco setup with no correction on their part. I don't blame Costco and believe it is my lack of knowledge in this particular instance that caused the problem. I believe that trying to enhance the blue of the sky might be the cause. Maybe I should just leave that part alone.

Anyway let me note what I am working with and what I want to accomplish. I would appreciate any feedback as to the proper steps - especially the upsizing of the image. Should I preset ACR to maximum size at 300 dpi or resize in PS?

Working with ACR and PS3.

Input: Nikon D700 14 bit raw file Adobe RGB

Output file needs to be 300 dpi SRGB

Print output: 5.66" x 29" - will be cropped even further from the bottom than what is shown below, about a 1/3. This is not the actual file being sent to Costco, but is the image.

Hopefully I have provided enough information. Thanks for any input to help me resolve this.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow