Started Dec 5, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CloudyBay43
Senior MemberPosts: 1,208Gear list
Like?
Film-like results / Kodachrome simulation with digital
Dec 5, 2010

I've been thinking about this for a long while and even spent hours and hours developing and refining a particular preset aimed at best replicating the Kodachrome 64 positive. I had some thumbs up privately about it, but i may be simply fooling myself into believing 'im getting there finally', and that is why this tread :

Are there other souls out there who saw modern digital to be too digital and too clean and too plastic compared to what anything not M9, 5D, D3 etc - produces, and attempted to fix this in PP ??

Is there anyone with L1 and/or LC1, like me, who believes that digital can deliver film look, almost film quality , particularly - Kodachrome 64 - with specific processing ? Please leave out anything DXO, Color Efex Pro, Major CS4 / PS PP, and others if you could - i'd like to hear about and debate openly a 'batch processing of negatives', not frame by frame 'tricks with layers' or non-common color curves

I have one other camera - the much spoken about Canon G11, which i get spectacular results at times, but anytime i pick up the L1 with the 14-50 or even with the Zuiko Pancake, i feel like selling the G11

Anyway, i might post this to the Leica forum, because of similarities between the L* LC* and the Digiluxs .. I guess, i have to post this to the Canon forum too - G11 shines when it does - Kodachrome 64 from raw processing that is

Any comments, insight, experience will be much appreciated

Regards
Ilko

-- hide signature --

Less is more

CloudyBay43's gear list:CloudyBay43's gear list
Pentax MX-1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow