Not impressed with Nikon service on D7000

Started Nov 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
Kabe Luna
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,371Gear list
Like?
Actually, with the option there to set a global correction, every indication is...
In reply to Yaamon, Dec 5, 2010

...that this is exactly one of the scenarios AF fine tune was meant to deal with. Obviously it doesn't assuage your feeling that your particular body is defective, but given the capabilities of the AF Fine Tune function, it is meant to be used to correct "body" errors. If it fixes your problem, isn't that what really matters? Especially when multiple bodies seem to require the exact same correction, it may be your only remedy for now.

Yaamon wrote:

jl_smith wrote:

1) Manufacturer includes ability to fine tune the camera to allow for AF errors.

2) You use this capability and fine tune your lenses

3) You want to return the camera because the feature works

Excuse me if I'm a bit confused.

-- hide signature --

In my instance its NOT normal for a brand new camera to have to adjust all the lens the exact amount.

This is not what fine tune was designed for.

It was designed to correct out of tolerance lens.

As the camera has the ability to store 12 lens, what happens if I own more than 12 lens?

I currently have 2 canon camera and out of 6 canon lens zero need any adjustment pn any of the bodies.

Only the tamron 17-50 need a +5 on the 7D.

So you are saying it normal to buy a camera and have to adjust all your lens, when I tested the 24-120 F4 VR on a friend D700 it needed 0 adjustment.

-- hide signature --

Canon 5D II, 7D & Nikon D7000

-- hide signature --
 Kabe Luna's gear list:Kabe Luna's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CNX2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow