ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Benna78
Regular MemberPosts: 198
Like?
135 L worthwhile?
Dec 5, 2010

Hello everybody,

I'm going to Japan in 2 weeks, and I found some interesting second hand 135 L. I really like primes, and I'd like to buy a fast long lens. Actually I seldom shoot portraits, and I'd use that lens for general shooting/candids. I'm not interested in the 85, as I am looking for something longer. I thought about the 100 f2 and the 135 f2. The first one is an impressive lens, light and compact, and quite cheap. The secong is a legend in canon lens lineup, and the 135 focal has always been a "classic" in a three lens 28-50-135 combo, as (it's said) it can substitute a mid range zoom. I already have a 4-105 and a 70-200 f4, so I don't really need the 100 or 135 focals, but f2 is 2 stop from f4 and the white 70-200 is not vey discreet in street shooting.

So, what would you do? Is the 135 L worth the expense? Or would you rather go for the 100 f2? Or maybe the 70-200 f4 is enough and it's better to go for the 50 f1.4 (I only have the 50 macro)?

-- hide signature --

Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow