Focus problem/new D7000

Started Oct 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
jonikon
Senior MemberPosts: 4,806Gear list
Like?
Re: I have same issue with my D7000
In reply to hansonmmm, Dec 5, 2010

hansonmmm wrote:

My D7k have the same issue. Its auto focus mode somehow change to manual focus itself. After I switched the switch mode to manual and then auto again follow by pressing new dedicated auto-focus selector button on that switch to change to AF-S, -A or -C then it would be fine. Have u guys changed to live view mode before this problem occurred? So far I realized it after turn on and off the live view mode. I couldn't sleep 1st night after the purchased... today its second day and found this link when google the issue.. hopefully someone could give the answer on this issue...

My D7000 has the same problem and I started a thread on this. If you can still exchange your camera than do so. I will have to send mine in for repair.
This post explains the AF test and the problem:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=37092632

Yes, I know. QC problems with a brand new camera like this are very disappointing.
--
Best regards,
Jon

jonikon's gear list:jonikon's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow