Started Dec 4, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Clyde Thomas
Regular MemberPosts: 412
Like?
Re: Sony updates firmware for DSLR-A900 and DSLR-A850
Dec 4, 2010

Over two years before we get our first firmware update. No mention of addressing the thousands of cries for better high ISO noise performance... nothing, nada, zilch! They did it successfully with the a700, and the a900 has the same chip as the big Nikon, but nothing to address better high ISO performance whatsoever. I smell a rat... and it stinks!

Can't tell you how underwhelmed l am to install faster AF and greater Bracket and EV range... I won't bother.

Listen to your customers Sony! Were we really crying out for the crap you think we want or need?

a900/a850 are not a sports cameras! You don't have the lens lineup for it and we don't buy your product to shoot sports. We're not photojournalists shooting fast paced grabbers on automatic exposure either. We don't need faster AF or greater EV.

We are artists and portrait photographers. That's who is buying your big gun cameras. Give us the better high ISO performance that we've been begging, pleading, crying for during the last two years... PAH-LEEEZE!!!

We buy your top shelf cameras for the carry over Minolta Maxxum innovations such as Spot Meter Lock Toggle and Image Stabilization on any and every lens... Plus the fabulous viewfinder and ergonomics in vertical shooting.

Please Sony... Contribute one improvement on your own innovation... that being... The Chip Noise! The same chip that doesn't have ANY noise on the Nikon.

Get a clue before I get rid of you. Please don't make me leave the best designed camera of all time because it can't take a decent photo past 800 iso. You should be very embarrassed considering the competition offerings.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow