Started Dec 1, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nbanja
Regular MemberPosts: 180
Like?
The Leica look
Dec 1, 2010

The Leica look. I think I finally got a taste of it, the other day.

I was at an exhibition the other day in one of my town's small cafe. The images were nothing special. You know, the usual street shots of people going up and down a street, walking here and there. Mostly about nothing. The thing we see 99% of the time in forums and all.

Of course, the images were printed with inkjet... the stuff we see today. Mostly garbage, IMO.

God forbid, those weren't darkroom prints where a skilled photographer has to put at least 500 hours of hard work to come up with exhibition quality prints. These were all instantaneous snaps and prints with the obvious photoshop touch.

Anyhow, I found the whole thing very mundane. The photographer came to me and we spoke a bit. He then told me he used Leica equipment for those shots. I then went back and had a better look at the images. I realized I liked them more by a good 15%-18%. Was it due to the Leica look I found in them or was it simply my brain playing games?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow