First Time DSLR Buyer-Canon 550D or New Sony Alpha A33???

Started Dec 1, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thehueg
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
First Time DSLR Buyer-Canon 550D or New Sony Alpha A33???
Dec 1, 2010

I'm moving up from a point and shoot camera to my first DSLR and have narrowed my search to the new Sony A33 or Canon EOS Rebel T2. I do a lot of cross country motorcycle riding and while I won't shoot while riding with this camera, I will find myself in some spectacular scenery. Prospects are likely for grandchildren in the next three years or so. I am looking for a relatively easy camera to use, which takes superior pictures to my current Canon SD850, and which may allow me to get a bit more creative in terms of manual manipulation of ISO, shutter speed, etc., as time passes. I don't know whether I should place too much weight on the video aspects of these cameras as I suspect this will primarily be a still photography camera with very infrequent video of streams for twenty seconds, for example. Both were rated "Gold" selections on this website but I hope someone might help provide additional insight that may be helpful for me and my interests so I can make a final choice.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow