Started Dec 1, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photous
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Just got Nikon 17-55 f/2.8!
Dec 1, 2010

I am an amateur photographer, and a hobbyist to a small extent. I mainly do family portraits, vacations, etc. My first lens was Nikon 18-200. That was, when it had just been released. After talking to a few wedding photographers and your posts, I dived into this. I also own prime 50mm f/1.8.

Just placed it on my D50 (D7000 is on budget for next year) last night. This stuff is heavy compared to 18-200. Did a few test shots at night, and am fairly impressed with it. Getting used to the focus and zoom rings. Impressed with fixed 2.8. Impressed with depth of field (bekoh?)

To all who have used this lens, please share your thoughts on how to make the best out of this. Any tips. Any links would be greatly appreciated. I have been saving to get this lens, and have finally made my budget - so it means a lot to me, and I want to enjoy its true powers. And thank you all for all the posts I have read that led me to make this decision.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow