MeteringExposure Problem with New Tamron 70-300 VC

Started Sep 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
Mannypr
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,363Gear list
Like?
Re: MeteringExposure Problem with New Tamron 70-300 VC
In reply to Jose Rocha, Nov 30, 2010

Jose Rocha wrote:

I have the same problem with some of my lenses, to a variable degree.

The worst case by far is my Sigma 17-70 with which I normally have to dial a permanent -0.7 EV compensation. With the Tamron 70-300 VC I dial -0.3 EV sometimes, but generally it meters very well at all focal lengths even on very contrasty areas.

My Nikkors 35 f/1.8 and 50 f/1.8 along with my Sigma 10-20 EX, are the best of the bunch.

I liked your Tamron 70-300 VC images much more than the Nikkor 16-85 ones, at least they seem more realistic to me although a bit overexposed sometimes, assuming that you shot at noon or so. For example the house's walls should be white but instead they appear with a magenta cast and underexposed (for a bright sunny day). That's a strange behaviour for a Nikkor since usually WB is spot-on with them.

Jose Rocha

http://olhares.aeiou.pt/jplacebo

When I started to learn digital Photography a friend told me that each lens has it's own personality and that we should learn to use it accordingly. I have 8 lens and even though their are more similarities between them metering wise some have their idiosyncrasies and personality at different focal lenghts and apertures. It's a matter of getting to know them and adjusting exposure . That's one of the reasons why we have exposure compensation...use it.

Mannypr's gear list:Mannypr's gear list
Canon PowerShot A640 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow