Started Nov 30, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MarkRod
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Which would you choose?
Nov 30, 2010

I've finally given in and taken the DSLR plunge.
Always loved the bridge mega-zoom cameras, (No carrying around equip.).

Well my Olympus SP570 20X-zoom is having trouble at with the AF at mid ranges, so off to look for a new bridge. Tried the Canon SX30 (35 x zoom), Fuji HS10 (30 x zoom).

The HS10 was IMO better of the two, but still lacked IQ and frig was it slow; my Oly actually had better IQ. Then I started rehashing the DSLR personal debate of years earlier, before choosing the Oly SP570.

But the choices of which seemed way difficult (Paralysis by analysis): Canon, Nikon, etc. well the best entry level bang for your buck appeared to be the Pentax KX and I was almost ready when I stumbled upon the Sony A33 and gave it a try. Wow, what a great camera to make the transition for me personally. Its so friggen fast compared to a bridge my head was spinning. (Not to mention massive improvements in low light.) So I returned the Fuji and kept the Sony A33.

So to my dilemma,…….. I love long zooming for birds etc, and I love snapping spur of the moment home pics of my dogs,………. Ok, enough blabbing and to the point……

I understand it’s a matter of personal taste, but IYO’s what is the best all around mm lens? My limited understandings of the DSLR world and some research have me eyeing the Sony 18-250mm.

Would love to here opinion and thought.

MarkRod's gear list:MarkRod's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sony DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow