DSLR's banned in Kuwait??!!

Started Nov 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
happypoppeye
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,789Gear list
Like?
Re: Just shaking my head...
In reply to Lance B, Nov 29, 2010

Lance, I talked to three people living in Kuwait right now.

I said it above. Don't believe everything you read. It's media. Whether they actually wrote it and are just wrong or someone over the interent indulged a bit ...it's the internet.

John

Lance B wrote:

happypoppeye wrote:

Haven't read the posts because it would be a waste of my time. Kuwait has not banned photography, has not banned SLR's or anything else. A rumor...

Don't believe everything you hear ...or sit in your house and do, and argue it on the internet...

Come on people. Total BS...

Then you should read the newspaper articles that are linked. What evidence do you have that it is BS? Please show us some evidence that it is not true.

Excerpt from the Kuwait Times:

"KUWAIT: After the ban three ministries placed on photography, most Kuwaiti youth are a bit confused about what to do with their cameras if they can't use them in public and why such laws were implemented in the first place. The Ministry of Information, Ministry of Social Affairs and Ministry of Finance recently came to the conclusion that photography should be used for journalism purposes only. This has resulted in the ban of Digital Single Lens Reflex Cameras (DSLRs) in public, on the streets and in malls."

-- hide signature --
 happypoppeye's gear list:happypoppeye's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GunnNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow