Started Nov 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
maboleth
Contributing MemberPosts: 623Gear list
Like?
ERR 40 on 7D
Nov 28, 2010

In the middle of my shooting I got ERR40 code flashing on the top lcd.
I had to remove the battery to reset the camera to come back from the dead.

I contacted our local service department and they advised me to clean the battery. However, my battery was brand new, fully recharged and without any spots or leaks on the contacts.

About 10 days later, when I was transferring my images to the PC, I got another ERR 40 flashing on the top lcd! Camera was stationary and usb connected. Went dead and - again, I had to reinstall battery and continue with the transfer.

I contacted the service once more and now they told me that err40 was some power-related error. It's very hard to diagnose - it could be anything from bad battery to the faulty internal boards and it could take weeks if not months to reproduce and fix the error (since I receive one every ten days or so - it's not that frequent and easy to reproduce). I can't wait for repair that long.

What do you think or suggest? Should I be concerned about these sporadic err 40 messages, even though this camera is less than a month old?
Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow