Started Nov 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Akeem
Junior MemberPosts: 42Gear list
Like?
WB2000 / TL350 rotate in-camera
Nov 27, 2010

Despite the dpreview specs claiming the WB2000 has an orientation sensor, it appears that it hasn't or isn't activated (image stabilisation requires a few of these sensors, no?).

I hate the time-loss for manually selecting left- and right-protrait orientated pictures. I actually just sold my WB650 because I relied on the dpreview spec sheet and only found out that it lacks this sensor after my first holiday with this camera and after they updated the specs.

So, in search for a replacement, I just noticed the WB2000 which is exactly what I'm looking for: ultraportable, rather fast at 24mm, dials and cheaper than the S95 or LX5. Samsung is quickly becoming the most innovative player on the market!

I'm not aware of any software which analyses images and tries to automate rotation of portrait pictures (looking for horizons, white/blue skies, faces); I'd settle for 95% accuracy. My idea for an intelligent SD-card ( http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1018&message=34441733 ) remains a dream...

If only there was an easy way to set the orientation flag in the EXIF data of portrait photos befóre uploading the pictures to a computer. On the road. If I have to select a few thousand pictures, I might as well do this on the way home after a trip.

On some cameras you can scroll though the images and press the up arrow to rotate an image 90°. Easy & fast. Is this possible on the WB2000? If not, how many button presses to rotate one image and go to the next image? Or can you select all portraits in thumbnail-view and set their rotation in batch?

Akeem's gear list:Akeem's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Corel Aftershot Pro
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow