Started Nov 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spiridakis Michael
Senior MemberPosts: 2,302
Like?
Was the S100fs a production mistake...?
Nov 27, 2010

For as long as Pixelizer is looking for the 6000€ Byers of a second hand S100fs and wonders if this was an urban myth, I am thinking to post a number of thoughts for the S100fs.

1) So first of all do you really believe that the S100fs was a production mistake of Fujifilm, a very big, heavy, and expensive camera, clearly targeted as an entry level DSLR alternative, in the same price range (even that a small DSLR in this price will be only 28-70 capable)…

2) Do you really believe that the S200 was any better somewhere or it was just a step back trying just to drop the production cost and lower the price…

3) Do you really believe that the HS-10 has anything of this S100fs legend on it or it is just a better targeted model, in price, and in specs.

4) Do you really like to see an original S100fs comeback, or a better made and more advanced HS-10…?

I am just curious to see your answers, as I personally own the S100fs and had the chance to shoot for 2-3 days with an HS-10…

-- hide signature --

Just lost my Dpreview account known as mike_mike
Have a look at the totally new http://www.spiridakis.gr

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
JimNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow